By Tingkai Li,Michael Mastro,Armin Dadgar
Silicon-based microelectronics has progressively more suitable in a variety of performance-to-cost metrics. yet after a long time of processor scaling, basic barriers and substantial new demanding situations have emerged. the mixing of compound semiconductors is the top candidate to deal with lots of those matters and to proceed the relentless pursuit of extra strong, most economical processors.
III-V Compound Semiconductors: Integration with Silicon-Based Microelectronics covers fresh development during this region, addressing the 2 significant revolutions taking place within the semiconductor undefined: integration of compound semiconductors into Si microelectronics, and their fabrication on large-area Si substrates. The authors current a systematic and technological exploration of GaN, GaAs, and III-V compound semiconductor units inside of Si microelectronics, construction a primary origin to assist readers take care of suitable layout and alertness matters.
Explores silicon-based CMOS functions built in the state-of-the-art DARPA program
Providing an summary of structures, units, and their part fabrics, this book:
- Describes constitution, part diagrams, and actual and chemical houses of III-V and Si fabrics, in addition to integration challenges
- Focuses at the key advantages of GaN, together with its significance in commercializing a brand new type of energy diodes and transistors
- Analyzes extra conventional III-V fabrics, discussing their benefits and disadvantages for equipment integration with Si microelectronics
- Elucidates homes of III-V semiconductors and describes techniques to judge and symbolize their attributes
- Introduces novel applied sciences for the size and evaluate of fabric caliber and machine properties
- Investigates state of the art optical units, LEDs, Si photonics, high-speed, high-power III-V fabrics and units, III-V sunlight telephone units, and more
Assembling the paintings of well known specialists, it is a reference for scientists and engineers operating on the intersection of Si and compound semiconductor expertise. Its entire assurance is efficacious for either scholars and specialists during this burgeoning field.
Read Online or Download III–V Compound Semiconductors: Integration with Silicon-Based Microelectronics PDF
Best solid-state physics books
The sector of concern compression technology has an extended and wealthy background related to contributions of mathematicians, physicists and engineers over nearly 2 hundred years. the center of the 19th century was once an extremely ac tive interval with the contributions of Riemann, Rankine and Hugoniot, between others.
The sphere of quantum and molecular simulations has skilled powerful development because the time of the early software program programs. a contemporary research, confirmed a wide elevate within the variety of humans publishing papers according to ab initio tools from approximately 3,000 in 1991 to approximately 20,000 in 2009, with quite powerful development in East Asia.
Designed for complicated undergraduate scholars, actual homes of fabrics, moment variation establishes the foundations that keep watch over the optical, thermal, digital, magnetic, and mechanical homes of fabrics. utilizing an atomic and molecular process, this advent to fabrics technological know-how deals scholars a wide-ranging survey of the sector and a foundation to appreciate destiny fabrics.
Astromineralogy bargains with the technology of accumulating mineralogical details from the astronomical spectroscopy of asteroids, comets and mud within the circumstellar environments mostly. This box has bought an important increase with the trustworthy id of minerals via the Infrared house Observatory.
- Disorder and Order in Strongly Nonstoichiometric Compounds: Transition Metal Carbides, Nitrides and Oxides (Springer Series in Materials Science)
- Recent Advances in Fluid Dynamics with Environmental Applications (Environmental Science and Engineering)
- Combustion for Material Synthesis
- Theoretical and Experimental Studies on Non-Fourier Heat Conduction Based on Thermomass Theory (Springer Theses)
Extra resources for III–V Compound Semiconductors: Integration with Silicon-Based Microelectronics